We are looking for volunteers for Kids Camp 2020 as planning is already underway! If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the form below. We can use helpers for many roles and schedules!
Dear Church Family,
At Salem Chapel, we are aware of and continually monitoring the situation presented by the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking all available precautions and measures to keep our church family safe and healthy during this time.
This means that as a church family we trust fully that the Lord Jesus “is before all things, and in him all things hold together” (Colossians 1:17), so our response is not to fear but to seek the wisdom of the Lord. We have the opportunity to demonstrate our trust in the Lord and love our neighbors well in a time when many are living in fear and uncertainty.
At this time, we plan to continue to gather each Sunday for worship and with our Life Groups throughout the week. However, we recognize that the situation could change rapidly. Therefore, we are also preparing other means to continue to worship the Lord should the need arise. The church leadership will continue to seek wisdom in how best to respond and care for our church body as the circumstances evolve. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our families and have outlined a few things below that you may find helpful and informative.
What we are doing as a staff
- We're actively monitoring the news and local governments in relation to the coronavirus.
- We will submit to the governing authorities within North Carolina if they declare any mandates related to coronavirus prohibiting large-scale gatherings.
- We've consulted medical professionals and leaders of other organizations as we continually make adjustments to ensure safety for our people.
What can you do?
We ask that you please care for yourself and others by:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Staying home if you are sick. (This includes not bringing sick children into Salem Kids classrooms.)
- Utilizing the hand sanitizer stations provided in the church lobby and Kids’ areas.
- When you attend in person, go for a wave instead of a high five or handshake.
What are we doing as a church?
All Salem Chapel common areas and the Kids classrooms are diligently cleaned and sanitized weekly. The following measures are in place:
- Hand sanitizer is provided in the lobby, hallways and at the Welcome center
- Hand sanitizer is provided to all children before snacks are distributed.
- All surfaces are cleaned/sanitized prior to each service.
- Linens (burp cloths, blankets, etc.) are provided newly cleaned to each child in the nursery and all linens are laundered before the next week’s services.
- All soft surface toys/chairs are sprayed with disinfectant spray prior to each service and are laundered if visibly soiled.
- Check-in stations are sanitized prior to each service.
- All rooms are vacuumed prior to Sunday morning services and are spot cleaned as needed between services.
- All restrooms are cleaned and sanitized each week.
- We will not be passing the offering baskets but instead we will place our ushers near the doors at the end of service or you can give online. This is an opportunity to continue the work the Lord has called us to by serving our operational obligations and continuing our ability to fund our national and international ministry partners
We want you to know that as a leadership team we are committed to seeking the Lord’s wisdom and are praying for our entire church family. We love you and are so grateful for each one of you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out any of our staff. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- The Elders and staff of Salem Chapel
NO SERVICES THIS WEEKEND
THRIVE SPRING REFRESH + WINSTON UNITED POSTPONED
All physical gatherings have been canceled until further notice in compliance with state and local guidelines. Our weekend services will be streaming Sundays at 9am and 11am on our website and on Facebook. You can find online resources for Salem Kids, Thrive Students as well as re-watch this weeks service at salemchapel.org/online
Our Life Groups are continuing to meet through video chat. Reach out to your Life Group leader for more details.